[youtube id="FX3Oou9R5_g" align="left" mode="normal" autoplay="yes" grow="yes"]
New Driver Safety Ambassadors complete presentations in post 16 schools and colleges across Northern Ireland.
The presentations are tailored for each individual school and lasting from 40 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes depending on the time allocated by the school to us.
During the presentation, the following is discussed:
* Learning to Drive.
* Buying, insuring and maintaining a car.
* Penalty point and the consequences
* Road Safety including explaining and signing of the “Share the Road to Zero” pledge
* Discussing the impact of distractions to young people driving and the impact of passenger distractions.
* Explaining the financial and social benefits by adapting a positive attitude towards driving.
The presentations finishes with me asking the students a number of questions to open their minds to the consequences of not following the Share the Road to Zero pledge.