Skip to main content

Would you know what to do in the event of a collision?

Watch the short clip from our Sponsors CRASH Services, on what to do at the event of a collision.

What to do if you have a collision

CRASH Services advises that if you have a collision, you should call 101 for non-urgent enquiries or 999 if you require medical assistance.

If a police officer attends the scene you must give, when requested:

Your name and address
The address where your car is kept
The name and address of the car owner
The car’s registration number
Motor insurance details (including expiry date of the policy)

If there is no police officer present you must, when requested, give this information to the other parties involved in the collision.

You should obtain the information listed above from the other parties involved in the collision.


Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses as these may be required if there is a question of liability.

Take photos

Take photos of the scene of the collision if you have a camera. These should include photos of the vehicles before they are moved.


You should write down an account of all relevant facts connected to the accident as soon as possible afterwards. You should sign and date it (including the time) when it is completed.

CRASH Services

We recommend your save CRASH’s 24-hour helpline number on your phone today 028 3025 1840 or visit CRASH today if you have been in an accident and would like them to manage the accident for you – all at no cost.

Translate »