New Driver NI were delighted to sponsor the Secondary School category at the Northern Ireland Road Safety Awards during this year’s road safety week.
The Northern Ireland Road Safety Awards, now in their ninth year, are organised by Road Safe NI in conjunction with NI’s largest accident management company, CRASH Services.
Northern Ireland’s road safety champions were officially recognised for their contribution to helping improve road safety in their communities. The winners at Northern Ireland’s Road Safety Awards 2023 included individuals, organisations, and special projects from across the voluntary, education, emergency service, public and business sectors.
A total of 14 awards were presented at a lunchtime event attended by more than 100 specially invited guests to the Cultra Manor, Holywood. Winning the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award was Chief Inspector Graham Dodds from PSNI Road Policing unit. He collected his award from Lynda Hurley from DFI and Frank Mitchell of U105.
Davy Jackson Chair of Road Safe NI said “We had a fantastic response to the awards again, with a record number of entries. We are delighted to play our part in recognising those who go the extra mile to promote road safety.
The winning entries really stood out for their commitment over a long period of time and for delivering innovative projects. There is so much good work going on across our schools, local communities, emergency services and businesses. The award winners are an inspiration to others, and there is no question their efforts are saving lives on the road.” he added.
“We would like to say thanks, to a fantastic group of sponsors who made these awards possible.”
Emma Duffy, New Driver NI, commented “New Driver NI were delighted to sponsor the Secondary School category at the 2023 Northern Ireland Road Safety Awards during this year’s road safety week.
Congratulations to all the deserving and inspiring award winners today, in particular the Secondary School category winner, Reuben Conor, Saint Joseph’s Boys’ School Derry/Londonderry.”
2023 Northern Ireland Road Safety Award winners
- Primary School Category: Mrs Siobhan Gillen Sponsored byTraynors
- School Crossing Person Category:Mr Sean Lynne Sponsored by U105
- Post Primary School Category:Reuben Conor Sponsored by New Driver NI
- Driving Instructor Category:Jason Robb Sponsored by Drivetech
- Emergency Services Category:John Amos NIAS sponsored by Riverridge
- Voluntary Sector Category:Karen Speers Sponsored by Hankook Tyres
- LGV Category:Thomas Cupples Sponsored by Cameramatics
- Business Category:Pocketbox Ltd Sponsored by JMK Solicitors
- Public Sector:Operation Close Pass sponsored by Applegreen NI
- Open Category: Breaker Breaker Charity sponsored by CRASH Services
- Two Wheels Category : Cornerstone Off Road Motorcycle Academy Sponsored by Charles Hurst
- Young Driver Category:Sadhbh Convery sponsored by Charles Hurst
- Transport Manager Category : Conor King Sponsored by NI Road Safety Partnership
- Lifetime Achievement:Chief Inspector Graham Dodds P.S.N.I sponsored by DFI