The total cost of learning can vary on average depending on a number of factors.
Driving instructors typically charge between £28 to £32 per hour for instruction. On Average a learner driver requires around 45 hours of lessons before they are test-ready, but everyone learns at different rates.
We have created a simple breakdown of the average Cost of learning to drive.
- Provisional Licence – £62.50
- Average Price of Driving lesson – £28 – 32 (at the Discretion of the Driving Instructor)
- 30 hours @ £25 = £750.00
- 35 hours @ £25 = £875.00
- 40 hours @ £25 = £1000
- Theory test – £23.00
- Theory Test resources: Books/DVD/: £25
- Practical Test – £45.50 Weekday Price / Evening and Weekend Price £62.50
- Charge for using Driving instructors car for Test* £100 + (Average)
These costs are subject to change and are simply an estimate to show the approximate cost of learning to drive.
The cost of a driving lesson in Northern Ireland hasn’t fluctuated a great deal in the last 20 years.
NI driving instructors typically charge around £28-32 an hour.
And the reason why we’re looking at the cost is because of affordability, which is individual to every single driver’s circumstances.
We’ve done the research and found that on average, a Northern Ireland Learner Driver requires around 45 hours of lessons before they’re test-ready.
Read more on How many lessons do I need now.
If you need free advice please email email@example.com.